LTO Course Overview
- Read through the Key and certificate readings of the Perspectives course. Answer review questions and bring your answers to LTO along with your reader and study guide.
- It is important to finish this before coming to LTO since there will be more homework during the six week training.
- We look forward to providing a lot of helpful, Biblical classes on a wide range of topics. A typical day will have a time of worship and prayer, three classes, a life story and outreach or solo time.
- Click here to view the Topics for Long-Term Orientation.
- Click here to download this Sample LTO Schedule.
- We work hard to invite teachers to LTO who have experience in what they teach and are skillful in teaching.
- All of these books are in the MTC library. You may, but are not required to bring these books or begin reading them before arriving for LTO.
- Any Three – Shipman
- Cross Cultural Servanthood – Elmer
- Language Learning IS Communication, IS Ministry – Brewster
- Bonding and The Missionary Task – Brewster
- Spiritual Warfare – Warner
- More Than a Carpenter – McDowell
- The Acts of the Apostles
- (Mothers do not need to read “Spiritual Warfare” and “More than a Carpenter”)
- For each book read, there is a one page response required. If you want to get a head start on the reading. Click this link to download a word document, with the response questions listed. LTO Required Reading Responses
- Memorize 10 verses of scripture
- Daily Reflection Journal
- Language learning assignments
- Church planting assignment and reflection
- Language learning plan
- Solo times of reflection
- Outreach four days a week. Total of around 50 hours.
- Interview project.
- Each student is paired with a mentor who will arrange a number of meetings throughout LTO. Our goal is to provide a safe place for each student to process what they are learning as well as offer accountability and encouragement.