MTC debriefing helped us:
- to process the past & present in a way that encouraged healing and progress;
- to take a step from ‘surviving mode’ toward ‘thriving mode’;
- to find hope in our transition 4 years after our return;
- to realize we are normal!
- to heal by laughing and crying with someone who had walked the path before;
- to extend grace to our present culture as we did to our previous one;
- to ask lots of questions about our story;
- to make specific goals for the future.
I clearly remember on the second day of debriefing how sweet it was to finally feel hope again! It wasn’t a manufactured feeling, nor just passing thing. It was a turning point for me.