Your initials above indicate that you have read the Ministry Training Center guidelines below and agree that you and your group can honor them during your time at the MTC.
"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body" (1 Corinthians 6:19, 20 NIV).
We realize that there is a great variety of practices in Christian churches. The purpose of these guidelines is to clarify our expectations for those receiving training at the MTC or participating in the ministries of the MTC. We want to avoid anything that could bring reproach on the name of Christ.
1. Christ-like conduct will be expected at all times, we are ambassadors for Christ, representing Him and His eternal kingdom. Our desire is that people would see our lives and work and give glory to our Father that is in heaven.
2. A veiling shall be worn by the sisters. We believe the best application of the headship principle as taught in I Corinthians 11 is for the veiling to be worn as a part of their regular attire to cover hair that is allowed to grow to its natural length. Ladies shall wear all their hair neatly up, avoiding fashion extremes, covered with a hanging veil, scarf, or traditional Mennonite covering of sufficient size to substantially cover the hair. Hanging veils and scarves must cover at least from the crown of the head to the bottom of the hair bun.
3. Men shall not cover their heads when they pray or prophesy. Their hair shall be cut neatly (no long hair). They shall dress modestly (no shorts). Men (and women) should avoid clothing with gaudy or bizarre logos. Shirts should have their second button fastened.
4. Both men and women shall refrain from all decorative jewelry (including bracelets, wristbands, anklets & necklaces), the wedding band and any makeup that alters the natural appearance (including finger & toenail coloring).
5. No shorts or sleeveless garments. Blouses shall not be sheer or low-necked. Sisters shall wear dresses or skirts that cover the knees both sitting and standing with no slits that come above the knee when sitting or standing. Be especially sensitive in these points, particularly in ministries that require one to be very active, such as Vacation Bible School.
6. No special association for dating couples (sitting together in classes, holding hands, being together for ministry assignments). We request a "hands off" policy.
7. Those who are in places of responsibility for ministries may feel the need to talk with individual workers about specific applications that need improvement. Please listen respectfully and cooperate graciously as concerns are expressed. This will make the work go so much more smoothly and help avoid giving Satan an opportunity to hinder God's work by creating misunderstanding and division.
We request that these guidelines be observed during the stay here and also for arrival and departure. This policy may sound detailed and legalistic to some, perhaps even antiquated. However, we have observed that some people come to the city unaware of how incongruous it is for a sensually dressed person to attempt to give testimony for Christ. We clarify our expectations for you so that the people we are trying to reach may have their attention drawn to Christ without unnecessary distractions. Thank you for cooperating with us.